SC : 1. Use past verbs that show mental processes i.e think,wondered guessed. 2. Use the Help/Hindered box to structure your writing. 3. Must inform the audience how you improve or did not improve. 4. Must provide examples and explanation on why you became a better writer or not.
My Writing Progress I Made in Term 2.
I have seen a lot of progress in my writing since the beginning of the year. I was only writing three or four sentences but now I can comfortably write paragraphs with thousands of words.I now love writing because I have a clearer idea on what I'm expected to write about, the Read Write App and spelling tools have given me the confidence to check my work by myself, plus knowing that our work has to be published to my blog gives that added expectation to do well.
I think my writing has improved lots because Miss. Simeon gives us examples of what she expects our writing to be like whether we are writing a narrative, a persuasive piece, a report, a poster, a presentation..whatever. I have a better idea of what is expected.
I also like that working on our chromebooks allows us to share our work with friends and work with buddies who look over our work and comment on and give feedback. You can’t really do that if you’re writing in a book.
I like writing especially when I write my story and I get the approval from the teacher that I can put my hard work on the blog. It makes me feel special that people all over the world can see my work.
I have also noticed that when I start writing I’m really hooked on it so that makes me focus. Our teacher also has a deadline on when work needs to be done. No-one wants to be called out in front of the class if you haven’t finished your work.
Before the chromebook I was making a lot of spelling mistakes and my writing made no sense. My hands were always getting sore, I had messy work, I was getting tired of erasing out the words every time and that just made my book messy. Now, I think I have really good typing skills and my work is always neat because of the chromebook. Spelling tools, dictionaries, google, the read&write app and our classroom site with teacher examples are all available at a click of a button. This is one reason why I think I have made really good progress in my writing.
I have learnt to become a better learner through constantly using my chromebook and because of this I want to share my work with the world. Now that I have a chromebook, I am not worried about my presentation, spelling and proofreading and because of this I have become a confident writer.
Wow Kiritea, this is a powerful annotated reflection. You have really made me think about my teaching practise and how I should deliver my knowledge to you and your class peers. I am definitely going to send this post to Mrs Lynsey as I think even see would be wowed over by the maturity of your ideas. This piece of writing was worth the wait and I appreciate you as one of MY students, as I have learnt so much from your reflection.
ReplyDeleteHey Kiritea,
ReplyDeleteI really like your annotated reflection. I also cant see the improvements in your writing.
!!Keep it up smiles!!
From the best